New independent restaurant in King’s Lynn only has chicken on the menu
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new independent restaurant that has opened in King's Lynn is keeping its menu very simple - and is offering just chicken on the menu.
But the meat is from local suppliers, prepared on site and the entire bird slow roasted for two hours on a rotisserie.
Adam Cook, who is the chef at Chicken Coop, in Tower Street, said: 'We've kept the menu simple, but a lot of effort goes into the food we serve.
'We also like this concept of the enjoyment that goes into a sharing a roasted chicken, and that's what we try to celebrate as part of the restaurant experience.
He added: 'The meat is Label Anglais Special Reserve Chickens which have been well looked after on a farm in Skeyton, near Norfolk Walsham - it's served here as fresh as it can possibly be.'
Also involved in the restaurant is Simon Dye at Norbury's in Tower Street and Graham Ridgwell, who runs the front of house operations.
Mr Cook, 47, said: 'I moved to west Norfolk five years ago and I've been a chef a long, long time. I fell in love with this space and knew I wanted to move into it.
- 1 Norfolk festival cancelled amid 'challenging year'
- 2 Vicar at heart of bitter church row resigns
- 3 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 4 Princess Anne receives warm welcome at Royal Norfolk Show
- 5 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 6 Gallery of pictures from the Royal Norfolk Show's first day
- 7 Five-bed farmhouse with attached orchard and glamping site for sale
- 8 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 9 Fears access road for new housing will be built on sacred land
- 10 Village pub reopening after £200k refurbishment
'We make a great team, and our hope is to make this restaurant work and replicate the model elsewhere to build a chain.'
Chicken Coop is currently open Thursday-Sunday. Lunch is served 12-3pm; evening 6pm-9pm (Friday and Saturday until 10pm).
Food is available all day on Sunday.
- Have you recently opened a new business? Email email@example.com