New independent restaurant in King’s Lynn only has chicken on the menu
- Credit: Ian Burt
A new independent restaurant that has opened in King's Lynn is keeping its menu very simple - and is offering just chicken on the menu.
But the meat is from local suppliers, prepared on site and the entire bird slow roasted for two hours on a rotisserie.
Adam Cook, who is the chef at Chicken Coop, in Tower Street, said: 'We've kept the menu simple, but a lot of effort goes into the food we serve.
'We also like this concept of the enjoyment that goes into a sharing a roasted chicken, and that's what we try to celebrate as part of the restaurant experience.
He added: 'The meat is Label Anglais Special Reserve Chickens which have been well looked after on a farm in Skeyton, near Norfolk Walsham - it's served here as fresh as it can possibly be.'
You may also want to watch:
Also involved in the restaurant is Simon Dye at Norbury's in Tower Street and Graham Ridgwell, who runs the front of house operations.
Mr Cook, 47, said: 'I moved to west Norfolk five years ago and I've been a chef a long, long time. I fell in love with this space and knew I wanted to move into it.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 7 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
'We make a great team, and our hope is to make this restaurant work and replicate the model elsewhere to build a chain.'
Chicken Coop is currently open Thursday-Sunday. Lunch is served 12-3pm; evening 6pm-9pm (Friday and Saturday until 10pm).
Food is available all day on Sunday.
- Have you recently opened a new business? Email email@example.com