New takeaway bringing ‘potato surprise’ to Norwich
- Credit: FCR
Two entrepreneurs will be looking to bring their speciality ‘potato surprise’ to Norwich as they open their first takeaway in Aylsham Road.
James Alexander Akmanlar and his father Selcuk are opening FCR on October 12, selling traditional fish and chips as well as spare ribs and chicken.
But the team will also be selling the family’s ‘potato surprise’ side dish, a recipe which has been passed down through generations and is apparently a favourite with customers.
MORE: Prosecco brunches and curfew menus: Hospitality’s answer to curfewMr Akmanlar said: “We had food shops before where we sold the potato surprise and customers really enjoyed it. We’ve now sold our shops down in Essex and decided to start a new brand in Norfolk – but we hope to take it all over the country one day.”
They will be hiring five or six members of staff as they believe demand will be high in the area.
“It’s been a takeaway before and it was successful – so the building has a history in this industry and I think it’s a good business decision to open here. Before you could buy chicken and chips and we will also be selling that, but we have completely refurbished the building with new modern appliances,” Mr Akmanlar said.
You may also want to watch:
The pair took on the lease in February before the pandemic hit.
“We’re looking forward to opening and expanding in the future,” Mr Akmanlar said.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 9 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"