New First Capital Connect rail boss vows to put customers first
- Credit: Archant
The new boss of rail services from King's Lynn to London has pledged to put customer satisfaction at the heart of all his business decisions.
FirstGroup has appointed David Statham as managing director of First Capital Connect. He will take over from Neal Lawson, who is leaving to join Network Rail, on May 24.
The 44-year-old father of two, who started his career as a British Rail management trainee in 1992, has previously led the development of FirstGroup's strategy for the expanded Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern franchise, which resulted in the group being one of the shortlisted bidders for the current competition.
He said he would continue work to improve service and deliver 'considerable further infrastructure and capacity increases'.
'I am determined to focus on improving customer satisfaction, which is at the heart of all our business decisions, by delivering solid performance, a clean train environment and the best possible response and information during times of disruption,' he said.
Vernon Barker, FirstGroup's UK Rail Managing Director, said: 'I am delighted to welcome David to his new role. He will lead the First Capital Connect team at a crucial time as the return to rail franchising gathers pace and we move ahead with the next stage of the Thameslink Programme. I would also like to thank Neal for the significant contribution he has made to our business. He leaves First Capital Connect in great shape for the next phase of the franchise, and we wish him all the best for the future.'
- 1 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 2 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 3 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Train travellers set for another weekend of rail disruption
- 6 Woman in serious condition in hospital after crash between two cars and van
- 7 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 8 Abnormal load to travel through county on first day of Norfolk Show
- 9 North Norfolk pub re-opens as a hotel
- 10 Mum trying to find lost 'heart' of daughter who died days after birthday