New Archant CEO Jeff Henry will lead next phase of regional media group’s transformation
- Credit: Archant
Community media group Archant, publishers of the EDP, Norwich Evening News and weekly titles including the Lowestoft Journal and Great Yarmouth Mercury, has appointed Jeff Henry as its new chief executive.
Mr Henry, who succeeds Adrian Jeakings at the helm of the EDP Top100 firm, will join the business on September 1.
He was most recently the CEO of Filmflex Movies, a joint venture between Sony Pictures Television and The Walt Disney Company, which he developed into one of the largest white label, video on demand (VOD) businesses in Europe.
FilmFlex Movies powered the film VOD services for companies like Virgin Media, EE and TalkTalk.
He steered its successful development over three years and oversaw its sale to Vubiquity in May.
You may also want to watch:
He has also held senior management positions at a number of companies including Scottish TV, NYNEX and London News Network.
After that he successfully launched a number of new cable channels and digital platforms, first as CEO at Granada Sky Broadcasting and then throughout Europe for the Hallmark Channel.
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
He then joined ITV as the CEO of ITVC where he was responsible for building a business focused on local digital and consumer revenues.
He said: 'Archant has a fantastic heritage, an exciting vision, powerful local brands and a great ambition to take the business forward. I am delighted to have the opportunity to be able to lead the business at this time, as media habits change and our communities demand news, information and other content across multiple platforms. I look forward to working with the team at Archant in making it the most progressive local media business in the UK.'
Announcing the appointment, Simon Bax, Archant chairman, said: 'We are delighted that Jeff, with his breadth of experience and expertise across the world of multi-media and content and his outstanding commercial track record, is going to lead the business forward.
'With our powerful portfolio of newspapers, magazines, websites, mobile apps, events and our newly-launched local TV station, this business has a great opportunity to be the most innovative local media business in the UK and to provide our consumers and commercial partners with new ways to engage with all the content we create. We have an exciting time ahead and I look forward very much to Jeff joining the team.'