New Anglia LEP names former Ipswich Building Society boss as new skills board chairman
The New Anglia LEP has named the new chairman of its skills board, who takes over from a veteran of the regional organisation.
Paul Winter comes to the LEP after retiring as chief executive of Ipswich Building Society at the end of 2016.
Appointed MBE in 2015 for his work on improving the skills and employability of young people in Suffolk, Mr Winter is also on the board of the University of Suffolk and a non-executive director of the Teachers Building Society.
He replaces Adnams chief executive and inaugural New Anglia LEP chairman Andy Wood, who has chaired the skills board since its inception in 2014 and led initiatives to secure millions of pounds of investment in Norfolk and Suffolk's further education colleges.
Mr Winters said: 'I am fortunate to be involved in a board which has grown in strength and effectiveness in the three years since it was set up. This is in no small part due to the efforts of my predecessor, Andy Wood.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 6 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 10 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden