Mystery surrounds future of popular American diner
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in a coastal town have expressed their bemusement after a popular American diner remained closed at the weekend.
The Yankee Traveller in Great Yarmouth has been a firm favourite with visitors and families of the town for more than 40 years.
The American-style restaurant did not open on Sunday, with neighbours and regular customers saying they do not know why it is closed.
Sergio Francisco, a worker at M and M cafe bar in the same road as the restaurant in King Street, said he has not seen it open this week.
He said: 'We went there for our work Christmas meal before the end of December and it was really busy.
You may also want to watch:
'I have not seen anyone there this week which is strange.'
Members of staff at the nearby Uptown Bar said it was a very popular restaurant.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 3 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 4 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 5 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 Man's body discovered near A47 flyover on edge of Norwich
A woman, who did not want to be named, described her frustration at the restaurant being closed having bought vouchers for her family as Christmas presents.
Attempts to contact the restaurant have been unsuccessful.