Mystery surrounds future of popular American diner
- Credit: Archant
Businesses in a coastal town have expressed their bemusement after a popular American diner remained closed at the weekend.
The Yankee Traveller in Great Yarmouth has been a firm favourite with visitors and families of the town for more than 40 years.
The American-style restaurant did not open on Sunday, with neighbours and regular customers saying they do not know why it is closed.
Sergio Francisco, a worker at M and M cafe bar in the same road as the restaurant in King Street, said he has not seen it open this week.
He said: 'We went there for our work Christmas meal before the end of December and it was really busy.
You may also want to watch:
'I have not seen anyone there this week which is strange.'
Members of staff at the nearby Uptown Bar said it was a very popular restaurant.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Homes evacuated in village after man threatens criminal damage
A woman, who did not want to be named, described her frustration at the restaurant being closed having bought vouchers for her family as Christmas presents.
Attempts to contact the restaurant have been unsuccessful.