MP Chloe Smith meets Foundation East to discuss alternative funding for small firms
Treasury minister Chloe Smith is today due to meet the not-for-profit financial body Foundation East to discuss its work in providing alternative sources of funding for small firms.
Foundation East is a Community Development Finance Institution (CDFI) that provides business loans for existing and start-up businesses in the East of England.
Businesses within the region can apply for loans of up to �50,000 when they have been turned down for financial services by a bank.
Ms Smith, MP for Norwich North, is due to meet Katy Ford, the foundation's chief executive, and Richard Glinn, its marketing and membership manager.
'In times of financial difficulty it is important for local businesses to know that there is financial help available to them,' Ms Smith said.
You may also want to watch:
'I support Foundation East's work in providing financial support to local businesses when they have been turned down for loans elsewhere. I have long campaigned in support of local businesses and for local jobs and think Foundation East provides positive opportunities for local businesses to grow in a difficult financial climate.'
Mr Glinn added: 'Chloe has recognised that we are in a position to support her constituents; those who require business finance now.
- 1 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 2 Water outages hit homes across city
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 10 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
'If someone has a business idea, the drive, the passion and a realistic plan, Foundation East will endeavour to provide the financial support that, at present, is not so readily available from other institutions. We have both the infrastructure and the funds.
'It is very important that people are aware of all the responsible lending options. Chloe's continued support in getting the Foundation East message across will boost the local economy and create and save jobs.'