Audio-visual group Midwich to open new Home Counties hub
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
A Norfolk audio-visual and lighting equipment distributor is looking to the west for growth opportunities.
Midwich will be opening a new site in Bracknell in Berkshire after taking on a unit on an industrial park in the town.
A 15-year lease has been signed on the site, with the company expecting to move in in early 2019.
The EDP/EADT Top100 firm, which is headquartered on Vinces Road in Diss, plans to employ more than 80 sales specialists at its new office on Segro Park.
The 31,634 sq ft building will also become the new home for its southern showroom, and will feature a purpose-built demonstration suite available for all companies in the group to use.
You may also want to watch:
It will replace its current southern showroom, housed in facilities in nearby Crowthorne and Reading, with all operations and staff currently based there moving to the new facility.
Mark Lowe, managing director at Midwich, said: 'Segro Park Bracknell is an excellent location from which to expand our business and is the perfect home for Midwich.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
'The area benefits from a fast-growing population and there are already many large-scale employers in Bracknell.
'We look forward to opening the facility in 2019 and working together with Segro in the future.'
Paul Lewis, regional director for Thames Valley and Data Centres at Segro, said: 'We are pleased to welcome Midwich to Segro Park Bracknell. The fact we have secured this long-term commitment to such a high tech company highlights the need for space at the park.
'We look forward to working together with Midwich in the future and to help service the growing needs of their business.'
As well as growing its geographic footprint – which already stretches across Europe and Australasia – Midwich has recently expanded its service offering.
Last month the firm launched a new leasing services, the result of a partnership with five finance providers, allowing customers to hire products across its range.
It will be in good company in Bracknell, which is already home to Waitrose's headquarters, a global pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim, and IT products and services provider Fujitsu.