‘How best can we reopen?’: railway asks the public
- Credit: IAN BURT
One of Norfolk’s heritage railways has asked the public for its help as it seeks to reopen.
Mid-Norfolk Railway, on Station Road in Dereham, along with the Office of Rail and Road are working on a reopening plan and have asked the public for help.
The team have released a survey on it’s Facebook page that contains questions such as ‘what are your concerns about the Mid-Norfolk Railway reopening?’ and ‘when would you feel safe to book to travel again with the following carriage setups?’
The possible carriage setups after reopening include ordinary travel with private compartments pre-booked for each household, dining travel which would see private compartments with tables, pre-booked for each household or the same options with open carriages with two-metre distancing in place.
The survey also explains that with social distancing in place, the overall capacity of trains is reduced.
Mid-Norfolk Railway said: “Our compartment carriages can carry up to six people per compartment, by using these ensures social-distancing from others but reduces the overall capacity and requires us to review our pricing structure to keep the service viable to run.”
They survey goes on to ask how much people would be willing to pay for a ticket and if prices are increased should that be within the final ticket price or should people have an option to donate.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
The survey then goes on to ask what safety measures the public would like to see the railway adopt before reopening.
To fill in the survey, visit Mid-Norfolk Railway’s Facebook page.