Meat factory for sale for £1.2million earmarked for homes
- Credit: Auction House
A former Norfolk meat processing factory in 2.8 acres of land is being auctioned online with planning for nine homes.
The site Orchard Far at Great Moulton is now vacant and is a "potentially highly lucrative residential redevelopment project," states agents Auction House.
The property is being auctioned online on May 5 at 11am.
The plans for the new homes went through a series of changes. Documents were originally for 20 homes but South Norfolk council planners concluded this was not acceptable.
Plans were later reduced to 15 but this was also not accepted as it would have seen homes built on green land at the back of the site which the council wanted to avoid.
You may also want to watch:
The site at present has outline planning permission for nine residential dwellings with an area of retained open space.
The existing buildings have been retained however would need to be removed for construction to commence, state the agents.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village