Historic brewery site for sale earmarked for 14 homes
- Credit: Lacy, Scott & Knight
A historic former maltings building in Norfolk is for sale for £825,000 with planning for new homes.
The building, in Old Market Street, Thetford, is Grade II listed and was operated as part of the brewery owned by the Bidwell family until 1902.
The firm was then sold to Eustace Quilter with 104 public houses for £104,250 but still traded as Bidwell & Co until acquired by Bullard & Sons in 1924 and was closed.
The building has been the site of a furniture store and a bus station.
It has been used in recent years for a variety of commercial tenants now with two existing residential units let on assured shorthold tenancies.
You may also want to watch:
Agents Lacy, Scott & Knight state at the point of sale "all commercial tenants will have vacated".
The overall site totals 0.58 acres containing the main maltings building.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
Full planning and listed building permission has been granted by Breckland Council for conversion to 14 homes with off street parking.
The plans are for a mixture of flats, houses and maisonettes.