Lotus welcomes Royal visitor for informal visit
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Lotus has welcomed royalty to their supercar manufacturing site in Norfolk.
Prince Michael of Kent made the informal visit to the headquarters at Hethel yesterday.
During the informal visit the royal visitor met Lotus chief executive Phil Popham and design director Russell Carr.
MORE: Jarrold to open new seafood restaurant and wine barThe VIP received a briefing on the new Lotus Evija which included viewing the original Evija full-scale design interior and exterior models.
The Lotus Evija will be manufactured in a new assembly facility at Hethel and is due to enter production in 2020.
The Evija is the brand's first electric hypercar, and can do zero to 180mph in less than nine seconds.
You may also want to watch:
Only 130 of the exclusive models will be produced.
The production model is currently doing a world tour ahead of manufacturing, and is currently on show in Japan.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy