Lotus announces 31pc rise in global sports car sales
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Bosses at Group Lotus today announced a 31pc rise in global sports car sales for the first financial quarter of 2014.
It said it sold 505 cars between April 1 and June 30 - compared to 386 for the same time last year.
And the EDP Top100 firm said it helped deliver the best first financial quarter results for three years. June sales of 192 cars were also at a four year high.
The highest increase in sales was in France, Germany, Switzerland, and Japan and the firm attributed the improved performance to increased demand for all three vehicles in the Lotus range - the Lotus Evora, Lotus Exige and Lotus Elise.
And it reflects the company's plans to further expand and strengthen its global dealer network with new Lotus dealerships expected in the coming months.
You may also want to watch:
Chief Executive Officer, Jean-Marc Gales, said: 'This is excellent news for Group Lotus plc and our parent companies PROTON Holdings Berhad and DRB-HICOM Berhad. This latest performance is indicative of Lotus' commitment to ensuring more drivers have the opportunity to own one of the best sports cars in the world.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods