Local firms scoop public relations awards
Public relations firms and campaigns in Norfolk and Suffolk were recognised last night at an industry awards ceremony.
Among the gold winners locally were James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Yaxham-based Jungle Public Relations and Norfolk County Council.
About 100 people working in public relations in the region attended the annual Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) awards ceremony in Bury St Edmunds.
Rachel Paddick, chair of the CIPR East Anglia Group, said: 'Year on year, PRide Awards entries become more innovative and opportunities have clearly been harnessed to deliver tangible impact against challenging objectives. And with all this opportunity at our feet, we've got better at cutting through the noise to justify the worth of communications more than ever. Whether you are an award winner or not, the PRide Awards unite us in excellence and we should all be proud of our achievements, congratulations to all.'
Norfolk County Council won the Regional Campaign of the Year award for its 'Fair Fares' campaign, James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust won the Internal Publication award for Making Waves and Jungle Public Relations won the award for the Outstanding Small Consultancy – Managing Change and Preparing for Growth.
You may also want to watch:
The other winners were
Not-for-Profit: Genesis PR – Social Worker of the Year Awards
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Community Relations: Essex County Council – Love Where You Live
Public Sector: Essex County Council – Good for Essex
Best Campaign �10,000 and Under: Kidney Research UK – World Kidney Day Transplant Breakthrough
Healthcare: Kidney Research UK – World Kidney Day Transplant Breakthrough
Consumer Relations: Genesis PR – PR drives business at Ford Retail
Best Use of Media Relations: Kidney Research UK – World Kidney Day Transplant Breakthrough
Integrated Communications: Genesis PR – Campaigning for a healthier Suffolk
Best Use of Social Media: Quay West Communications – Quooker - The Instant Boiling Water Tap
External Publication: Mosaic Publicity & Havebury Housing Partnership – Havebury News
Best Digital Campaign: Quay West Communications – Bike Theft: The Movie
Best Event: Genesis PR – Social Worker of the Year Awards
Outstanding Young Communicator: Michael Page – Essex County Council
Outstanding In-House Public Relations Team: Essex County Council – Essex Communications
Outstanding Public Relations Consultancy: Genesis PR – New brand boosts growth
Best Freelance Practitioner: Terry Nicklin
Best use of Measurement & Evaluation: Genesis PR – PR drives business at Ford Retail