Scientist rewarded for career change with award
- Credit: Archant
A scientist's career change has seen her scoop an award for successfully juggling parenthood with running her own business.
Mandy Hartley was named self-employed business mum of the year at the Mumandworking awards 2018 for the south region.
Dr Hartley is the founder of new Buckenham-based firm The Little Story Telling Company which helps inspire children with a love of literacy and science through workshops.
Mrs Hartley said: 'To say I am delighted is an understatement – it is a dream come true.'
The Little Story Telling Company holds workshops which both tell a tale and teach children about science and particularly genetics.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hartley, who has a degree in pathology and a PhD in genetics, published her first book, The DNA Detectives - To Catch a Thief, in 2017 with the follow-up scheduled for release later this year.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 6 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 7 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 8 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 9 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 10 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham