Cinema announces temporary closure amid coronavirus struggle
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A Norfolk cinema has temporarily closed as a knock-on effect of the coronavirus pandemic.
The Light Cinema, based at the Riverside complex in Thetford, has announced its “difficult decision” to shut until further notice.
It revealed the closure had come as a result of US film studios choosing to delay or stream most of this year’s remaining releases.
But a spokesman said the company was “committed” to reopening again in 2021.
They added: “We are devastated for our amazing team who worked so hard to create this special venue and to our loyal customers who have visited us over the past few years.
You may also want to watch:
“In the meantime, our thoughts are with everyone who has been affected by the Covid pandemic. We know this is not easy, particularly for the hospitality and leisure sector, and we are determined that we all get through this together.”
The Light Cinema says further updates will be issues in due course.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way