Personal alarm firm wins family business prize
- Credit: Steve Baker
While their business is providing reassurance for families and personal alarm firm is celebrating after being recognised for their own family values.
Taverham-based Lifeline24 has been named family business of the year at the Federation of Small Business (FSB) East of England Small Business Awards.
The firm, which was set up by husband and wife duo Simon and Treena Budd in 2013, now has nearly 50 employees and supports nearly 20,000 people across the UK and Ireland.
There are plans to expand the service further and head into the American and Australian markets in the near future.
Information and communication manager Thom Clipsom said: 'We were thrilled to win the family business award.
'We were up against the likes of Anglian Indoor Karting and Leadenham Teahouse who had fantastic, family run businesses as well so we were very shocked and humbled to have won.
'Despite the fact the business has grown beyond Simon and Treena's family now, we still maintain the family feel and every employee becomes a part of this life-saving, hard working family.'
- 1 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 3 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 6 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 7 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 8 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 9 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 10 Norfolk glamping site with natural pool named among UK's best newcomers
Last year the company had a turnover of around £2m and has seen its customer base grow with an ageing population.
Lifeline24 is a member of the 2015 cohort of the Future50 programme for inspiring businesses.