Law firm fundraising team to tackle Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge
- Credit: Leathes Prior
Staff from a Norwich law firm are taking on the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge next month.
The charity and projects committee at Leathes Prior has organised for the staff, along with some of their partners, to tackle the challenge on September 15.
The 19-strong team will be raising money for their firm's nominated charities of the year – Finnbar's Force, Norwich Door 2 Door and Norwich Cruse Bereavement Care.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge covers more than 23 miles with a total ascent of 1,672m – all in the target time of 12 hours. Starting from their dorm in Ingleton, North Yorkshire at 6.30am, the team hope to finish by 6pm.
In preparation for the challenge, the team is spending their lunchtimes walking up Gas Hill in Norwich, the city's steepest incline.
You may also want to watch:
Through their challenge the team are hoping to raise £10,000 for the three local causes.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 6 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park