King’s Lynn Travelodge gets new look as group gets set to return to the TV screens with major advertising campaign
- Credit: Archant
Bosses at Travelodge have completed a £210,000 refurbishment of the chain's hotel at Long Sutton.
The revamp of the 40 room hotel on Wisbech Road took three weeks and is part of a nationwide £137m investment this year.
The move comes as Travelodge, the UK's biggest independent hotel chain announced a £25m advertising campaign hightlighting its new look.
The campaign, which is the company's biggest advertising spend to date, features scenes shot across Britain and highlights Travelodge's new look.
It marks the company's return to television after a four year absence and launches with an extended ad during ITV's flagship programme, Britain's Got Talent, on May 10. In addition to TV, the campaign also includes an extensive press, outdoor and digital presence.
You may also want to watch:
The move follows a period of transition for the group as it carries out a financial restructuring. Figures filed at Companies House last year showed that losses in 2012 were £71m - though this was more than half of the £148.1m in 2011.
Wall Street hedge funds GoldenTree Asset Management and Avenue Capital Group took control of the low-cost hotel operator last autumn, along with Goldman Sachs, through a debt-for-equity swap.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 5 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 6 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 7 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
Peter Gowers, Travelodge Chief Executive said: 'Our new advertising campaign is the latest milestone on our journey to build a new Travelodge and become Britain's favourite hotel for value. We've expanded from our traditional roadside locations and now have more than 500 hotels. We've been investing a million pounds a week in modernising our hotels and we're installing more than 37,000 new Travelodge Dreamer beds. Our customers are telling us they love our new look, so now is the right time for us to be back on television, inspiring people to get up and go.'
Lisa Savage, Hotel Manager at King's Lynn Long Sutton Travelodge said: 'We are delighted that our hotel has benefitted from this investment. It has totally transformed the hotel, and feedback from our customers has been outstanding. Business and leisure customers love the new modern look of the hotel and the contemporary rooms. There is no doubt that the hero of the room is the Travelodge Dreamer bed.