King’s Lynn shoe shop set to close
A King's Lynn shoe store is among 18 set to close before Christmas following the collapse of the Barratts Priceless chain, administrators Deloitte said today.
The administrator said five Barratts and 13 Priceless stores – including the Priceless shop in Kings' Lynn – will close on Friday across the UK and Ireland, resulting in the loss of 127 jobs.
Other stores which are set to close are at Connswater, Kilmarnock, Darlington, Cardiff and Blackpool and 13 Priceless stores are in Croydon, Durham, Oldham, Strabane, Crossgates, Kettering, Carlow, Donaghmede, Torquay, Weymouth, Bexhill on Sea, and Erdington.
A further 60 staff members in the head office in Bradford are also being made redundant.
The shoe chain collapsed into administration earlier this month, after unseasonably mild weather further exacerbated already difficult trading conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Administrator Deloitte said that it would continue to trade the remaining 173 stores as it seeks a buyer for all, or parts, of the business as a going concern.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'