‘I gave up a chance for fame on Love Island after finding love in King’s Lynn’
The boss of a Norfolk hair salon with celebrity clients was set to appear on the dating show Love Island – until she found love herself.
A director of a Norfolk hair salon with celebrity clients was set to appear on the dating show Love Island - until she found love herself.
Bryony Holland, from King's Lynn, supplies hair extensions for television shows such as The Only Way is Essex, Hollyoaks and celebrities including Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon from Britain's Got Talent, pop group Little Mix, Katie Price and former Love Island star Dani Dyer.
You may also want to watch:
She herself then got her big break to try out for the current series of Love Island - but chose to pursue a relationship with champion cyclist boyfriend Robbie Ferri instead, saying: "I definitely made the right choice."
Bryony, 26, who runs Secret Extensions and Hair Loss Solutions with mum Julie and sister Evie from a salon on Tower Street, had been single for a while but shortly after being invited to apply for the show started dating.
- 1 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 2 Drama as police plane circles villages for missing person
- 3 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 4 Rogue trader jailed after taking thousands of pounds from customers
- 5 Builder wants zero affordable homes in development – after promising 13
- 6 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 7 More than 40pc of people in Norfolk have now had their first Covid jab
- 8 Seafront Bath House homes for sale again after price drop
- 9 Seafront beach chalets demolished as part of major £1.6m scheme
- 10 Have your say - should north Norfolk be able to ease restrictions sooner?
As a result, she turned down the chance to appear on the show - where contestants battle it out to find a partner - which is filmed in Majorca.
"We met in the gym," said Bryony, who is also a make-up artist. "He is a personal trainer in my gym Heros in King's Lynn but we were too shy to talk to each other."
Love blossomed when Bryony actually won 'gym member of the month' and they got talking.
"I chose Robbie instead of Love Island and I'm really glad, it was definitely the right choice, the show is a bit too cut-throat for me," she said.
Robbie, 31, from Gaywood, made headlines in 2017 by cycling in 12 different countries in seven days, beating the Guinness World Record.
Bryony, her mum and sister have made a huge success from their salon supplying and fitting hair extensions which are also suitable for women suffering hair loss through illness. They are also developing extensions for men. All wear their own extensions and they regularly fit them to celebrities usually travelling to their homes.
Julie is a former teacher but gave it up after developing the brand of extensions and becoming the main UK stockist, supplying salons all over the country as well as abroad.
"Hair is a huge part of feeling confident about yourself," said Bryony. "We saw the opportunity to improve on what was available such as wigs and it's just been a massive success."