Katherine Ryan reveals what comedians really think of Norfolk
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Comedian Katherine Ryan spoke of her love for Norfolk and its 'welcoming atmosphere' as she hosted the Norfolk Business Awards 2018.
The Canadian comic, known for her stand-up and appearances on TV shows such as Mock the Week and Have I Got News For You, said she always looked forward to performing in the county, and had heard similar feelings from others on the circuit.
Ms Ryan was hosting the Norfolk Business Awards organised by the EDP at the Norfolk Showground, where the best of the county's businesses were celebrated.
'I don't know if you ever wonder what the rest of the country says about you, I'm going to tell you right now,' she said.
'I don't speak to many people who are not comedians, but I will say that we tour all around and we try to be funny, try to make people laugh. I'm sorry if any of them have ever picked on you, but the way they truly feel in their hearts is we love coming to Norfolk.'
You may also want to watch:
'You carry yourselves, tonight even, with such welcoming energy, such friendly atmosphere, such grace. I always love gigging in Norwich, which is where I usually go and I look forward to coming to this part of the country.
'I just think you are such family oriented, really, really warm people and I wish you the most fantastic evening.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 6 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 7 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 8 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
Ms Ryan opened the awards ceremony with a varied set which covered her views on single motherhood, school bake sales and the sad loss of Prince Harry from the singles market.
The awards night culminated in King's Lynn-based JD Cooling Group being named the overall Business of the Year.
Take a look at the full list of awards winners here.