Poultry giant 2 Sisters on the hunt for 100 new workers
- Credit: sarah lucy brown
Increased orders ahead of Christmas has led a poultry processing plant to seek to bolster its team.
2 Sisters Food Group is recruiting for 100 roles at its Flixton factory near Bungay in Suffolk, after the business completed an upgrade to the facility to meet increased retail demand.
Allison Smith, general manager at the Flixton site, said: 'The upgrade at Flixton will enable us to grow business and provide new career opportunities for people in the region.
'This is great news for the site and acknowledges the loyalty and capability of our fantastic colleagues that continue to go the extra mile each and every day to supply our customers with great quality, safe chicken.'
2 Sisters, which is owned by Bernard Matthews owner Ranjit Singh Boparan, is carrying out a multi-million pound investment programme across its UK poultry division.
You may also want to watch:
The group also runs a chicken plant at Thetford.
The news comes as fellow food processor Cranswick has revealed a £54m investment in a new poultry plant at Eye that could create 400 new jobs.
East Anglia has suffered wave after wave of job cuts in recent weeks as Britvic, Colman's and BAE Systems have put posts at risk, while the Construction Industry Training Board is to move its 575-strong head office out of the county.
On Tuesday, retail wholesaler Palmer & Harvey went into administration, resulting in the immediate redundancy of 127 people working at the company's depot in Brandon.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 7 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 8 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 9 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues