Jobs at risk as insurance broker Gallagher Heath closes Norwich operation
Insurance broker Gallagher Heath is to close its Norwich branch putting at risk up to 30 clerical jobs.
The firm, based in Prince of Wales Road, is switching its operation to an expanded site in Bournemouth as part of a move to open a new specialist charity division.
A spokesman for the business, which was previously Heath Lambert, before becoming part of the AJ Gallagher Group, said staff had been offered alternative posts with the business in Bournemouth or at the firm's other 16 UK offices.
But he said there would be job losses for those unwilling or unable to relocate, though he was unable to say how many staff would be involved at this stage.
'We are closing the Norwich office on January 21,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'We are moving the business to our Bournemouth office where we are looking to expand our operation.
'Everyone has been offered either a fresh role within the organisation or a job in Bournemouth.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 7 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
'We are looking to create a fresh business on the charities side. We have done everything we can to try to ease that difficult transition.'