Jobs at risk as insurance broker Gallagher Heath closes Norwich operation
Insurance broker Gallagher Heath is to close its Norwich branch putting at risk up to 30 clerical jobs.
The firm, based in Prince of Wales Road, is switching its operation to an expanded site in Bournemouth as part of a move to open a new specialist charity division.
A spokesman for the business, which was previously Heath Lambert, before becoming part of the AJ Gallagher Group, said staff had been offered alternative posts with the business in Bournemouth or at the firm's other 16 UK offices.
But he said there would be job losses for those unwilling or unable to relocate, though he was unable to say how many staff would be involved at this stage.
'We are closing the Norwich office on January 21,' he said.
'We are moving the business to our Bournemouth office where we are looking to expand our operation.
'Everyone has been offered either a fresh role within the organisation or a job in Bournemouth.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 4 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 5 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 6 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 7 The Tik-Tok trend putting cinemas at potential risk
- 8 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 9 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 10 Referendum to be held over future development in village
'We are looking to create a fresh business on the charities side. We have done everything we can to try to ease that difficult transition.'