JD Sports staff self-isolating after multiple coronavirus cases confirmed
- Credit: Archant
The entire staff of a sports shop are self isolating after multiple workers tested positive for coronavirus.
The JD Sports branch in Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, was closed on Tuesday following the positive tests, but has since reopened with a new team.
A spokesperson for JD Sports said: “We can confirm that a small number of employees at the JD Sports store in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, tested positive for coronavirus this week.
“As such, we took the precautionary measure to close and deep clean the store with all employees being asked to return home to self-isolate.
“Following the completion of the deep clean, the store has now re-opened with a new team of employees from other stores.
You may also want to watch:
“The health and wellbeing of JD’s employees and customers remains its highest priority.
“As such, JD has implemented a series of measures to ensure its retail colleagues and customers can work and shop safely in store, while practising social distancing.”
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 8 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 9 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 10 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
The measures include distancing signage, hand sanitiser, screens, quarantining returned stock for 72 hours, and keeping changing rooms closed.
Market Gates centre manager Nick Spencer said: “As a centre Market Gates is following Government guidelines educating tenants and shoppers on good hygiene practices, and the landlord is incurring additional costs to ensure a safe shopping environment for everyone.”