JD Sports staff self-isolating after multiple coronavirus cases confirmed
- Credit: Archant
The entire staff of a sports shop are self isolating after multiple workers tested positive for coronavirus.
The JD Sports branch in Market Gates, Great Yarmouth, was closed on Tuesday following the positive tests, but has since reopened with a new team.
A spokesperson for JD Sports said: “We can confirm that a small number of employees at the JD Sports store in Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, tested positive for coronavirus this week.
“As such, we took the precautionary measure to close and deep clean the store with all employees being asked to return home to self-isolate.
“Following the completion of the deep clean, the store has now re-opened with a new team of employees from other stores.
“The health and wellbeing of JD’s employees and customers remains its highest priority.
“As such, JD has implemented a series of measures to ensure its retail colleagues and customers can work and shop safely in store, while practising social distancing.”
- 1 Murder jury hears how 'angry' father ran over teenage daughter
- 2 Most desirable places to live in Norfolk according to estate agents
- 3 Festival-goers 'in the dark' over refunds following cancellation
- 4 Person injured and road blocked after north Norfolk crash
- 5 Revealed: The most isolated neighbourhoods in Norfolk
- 6 New fishing tackle shop has 'amazing opening day'
- 7 New sites for gypsies and travellers proposed in Norwich area
- 8 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 9 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 10 Screams of daughter run over by her dad heard by murder jury
The measures include distancing signage, hand sanitiser, screens, quarantining returned stock for 72 hours, and keeping changing rooms closed.
Market Gates centre manager Nick Spencer said: “As a centre Market Gates is following Government guidelines educating tenants and shoppers on good hygiene practices, and the landlord is incurring additional costs to ensure a safe shopping environment for everyone.”