Roaring fundraising success for retailer Jarrold at Dragon Boat Festival
- Credit: Jarrold
A team from a Norwich retailer got into the boating spirit for charity.
The group from Jarrold was among the 16 teams to take part in the East Anglian Dragon Boat Festival at Oulton Broad.
Hosted by Warner Leisure Hotels and Gable Events, the festival saw teams of up to 10 people paddle 30ft boats along a 200m race course on the broad.
Jarrold's determined crew – which included managers and colleagues from Jarrold Sport, food and beverage, ecommerce and marketing – made it as far as the semi-finals.
Through sponsorship for the event on August 11, the team raised more than £1,000 which will go to Jarrold's nominated charities – cancer charity Big C, East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) Nook appeal and the Prince's Trust.
You may also want to watch:
The fundraising formed part of its Jarrold 250 initiative, launched in November 2017 with the aim of raising at least £50,000 for the three charities by 2020.
- 1 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 2 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing
- 10 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines