Sunny Hunny lives up to name for carnival day
- Credit: Chris Bishop
Sunny Hunny lived up to its name as the Norfolk resort staged its annual carnival.
Crowds lined the streets as an array of floats and walkers set off from the Recreation Ground.
They were led by Hunstanton Rainbows, Brownies and Guides - who had the best float trophy waiting for them when they arrived at the Green for their 101 Dalmations-inspired makeover of roofing contractor Neil Kenny's truck.
There were colourful costumes galore, vintage cars including a Battle of Britain-themed Mini, and a tribute to Hunstanton's RNLI hovercraft, lugged by Johnny Butler and members of the crew.
Best walkers award went to Hunstanton Sure Start nursery, who were presented with their trophy by the town's mayor Amanda Bosworth.
You may also want to watch:
'It's been the most brilliant day,' she said. 'We've had brilliant sunshine and a wonderful day.'
Crowds enjoyed arena displays and a host of stalls as temperatures rocketed.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner