Hughes Electrical seeking to treble size of its North Walsham business at new site
Hughes Electrical wants to treble the size of its business in North Walsham.
The firm has applied to North Norfolk District Council for change of use permission to open at the Bacton Road site near Sainsbury's, currently occupied by Foundry Cars.
If approved, the store would replace Hughes' existing shop in Market Place, which opened in 1978 and employs two full-time staff.
Managing director Robert Hughes (pictured) said: 'We want to substantially increase the range of goods available to customers - particularly kitchen appliances, technology products and the higher specified items that customers would normally have to travel to Norwich to buy.
'The premises will be three times the size of our existing store and all on one level, providing easier access combined with ample free parking for customers.
'The 'click & collect' service offered on our website is becoming increasingly popular and is better accommodated from a larger store with its own parking.'
Mr Hughes added that they would be looking to recruit one extra full-time member of a staff, and a part-timer.
- 1 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 7 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 8 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 9 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
- 10 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
A spokesman for Foundry Cars, which has been in North Walsham for 11 years, said he could not comment at this stage on future plans for the business.