Hughes Electrical seeking to treble size of its North Walsham business at new site
Hughes Electrical wants to treble the size of its business in North Walsham.
The firm has applied to North Norfolk District Council for change of use permission to open at the Bacton Road site near Sainsbury's, currently occupied by Foundry Cars.
If approved, the store would replace Hughes' existing shop in Market Place, which opened in 1978 and employs two full-time staff.
Managing director Robert Hughes (pictured) said: 'We want to substantially increase the range of goods available to customers - particularly kitchen appliances, technology products and the higher specified items that customers would normally have to travel to Norwich to buy.
'The premises will be three times the size of our existing store and all on one level, providing easier access combined with ample free parking for customers.
You may also want to watch:
'The 'click & collect' service offered on our website is becoming increasingly popular and is better accommodated from a larger store with its own parking.'
Mr Hughes added that they would be looking to recruit one extra full-time member of a staff, and a part-timer.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 7 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 8 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
A spokesman for Foundry Cars, which has been in North Walsham for 11 years, said he could not comment at this stage on future plans for the business.