How centuries of newspapers are turning digital
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich tech firm is holding a free seminar revealing how news headlines from the past are being brought back to life in the digital age.
Ubisend, based in Ber Street, build chatbots - conversational software - and are working with Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News publisher Archant on the Google-backed Local Recall project.
The project will create a digital platform for exploring the vast amount of articles, reader letters and adverts currently stored in the basement of Prospect House, in Rouen Road.
And on October 17 the team behind the project are holding a webinar - an online seminar - explaining everything about Local Recall.
Alex Debecker, ubisend's co-founder and chief marketing officer, said: "For ubisend, a company that prides itself in building innovative, custom, and unique chatbot experiences, Local Recall has it all. It's innovative, it had never been done before, and it has a fantastic team of driven and forward-looking individuals.
You may also want to watch:
"I am incredibly proud of our work on this project over the past two years. Making hundreds of thousands of physical pages of content - and billions of words - accessible through the latest voice infrastructure presented unique technical challenges. Overcoming these challenges together has been a fantastic journey.
"Archant is a pillar of the Norfolk community, it is inspiring to see it unafraid of innovating and investing in new technology."
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 4 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 5 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 6 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 7 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 8 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam
- 9 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 10 Left-back seals permanent Canaries exit
There are still open spaces for the webinar which will start at 2pm.
To join in and learn more about the Local Recall project click here