How centuries of newspapers are turning digital
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich tech firm is holding a free seminar revealing how news headlines from the past are being brought back to life in the digital age.
Ubisend, based in Ber Street, build chatbots - conversational software - and are working with Eastern Daily Press and Norwich Evening News publisher Archant on the Google-backed Local Recall project.
The project will create a digital platform for exploring the vast amount of articles, reader letters and adverts currently stored in the basement of Prospect House, in Rouen Road.
And on October 17 the team behind the project are holding a webinar - an online seminar - explaining everything about Local Recall.
Alex Debecker, ubisend's co-founder and chief marketing officer, said: "For ubisend, a company that prides itself in building innovative, custom, and unique chatbot experiences, Local Recall has it all. It's innovative, it had never been done before, and it has a fantastic team of driven and forward-looking individuals.
"I am incredibly proud of our work on this project over the past two years. Making hundreds of thousands of physical pages of content - and billions of words - accessible through the latest voice infrastructure presented unique technical challenges. Overcoming these challenges together has been a fantastic journey.
"Archant is a pillar of the Norfolk community, it is inspiring to see it unafraid of innovating and investing in new technology."
- 1 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 4 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 5 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 Long-delayed wedding finally takes place... in 1941
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 10 See inside 'characterful' townhouse with rural views on sale for £550k
There are still open spaces for the webinar which will start at 2pm.
To join in and learn more about the Local Recall project click here