Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000
- Credit: Auction House
It's a home that really offers the chance to live like royalty.
Looking like a real-life castle, this home for sale in Norfolk comes with a parapet, turrets and balcony.
But in fact the Castle, The Grove, in Cromer Road, Holt, which is coming under the hammer, was built as a conventional house inside.
Built in the early 19th century using knapped and pebble flint work, it looks every bit the stuff of a fairy tale.
Inside it sleeps up to 10 and has been used as holiday accommodation. Previously it was used a part of the Gresham's school campus for training until it was transformed into a holiday home by previous owners in 2012.
You may also want to watch:
It has intricate mock turrets and a castellated balcony with architectural details on both the front and rear.
Tucked away just outside Holt it could now be a family home or bought as a holiday investment, say agents Auction House.
- 1 Work on McDonalds and Starbucks site 'breaks rules', councillors claim
- 2 First look inside Norfolk garden centre after £1.25m refurbishment
- 3 Date given for opening of new McDonald's
- 4 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 5 'Vindictive' man torched couple's new home - after failing to buy it
- 6 People urged to get Covid test twice a week
- 7 No recent virus cases in more than a quarter of Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 'The nicest people shop in Lidl' - Women amazed by act of kindness
- 9 Teenager who died in motorcycle crash named
- 10 Teen who torched toilets not allowed to be drunk anywhere in Norfolk
It also comes with the option to buy two building plots adjoining the site and further garden land.
The livestream auction is on February 10.