Home Bargains announces changes to Christmas opening hours
- Credit: Archant
National high street chain Home Bargains has announced changes to its festive opening hours this year.
Stores in King's Lynn, Thetford, Great Yarmouth and two in Norwich will be affected by the changes.
Bosses said they wanted to thank staff for their hard work during the pandemic by giving them two extra days off on Boxing Day and New Year's Day for the first time.
The business was classed as an essential retailer, so remained open throughout the pandemic.
Stores will also close early on Christmas Eve at 5pm, to allow staff to enjoy more time to spend with family and friends.
The announcement follows a similar decision by supermarket chain Morrisons, which announced its stores will close on boxing Day this year. Other retailers are also planning closures over the festive period.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 10 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations