Holt post office on the move
- Credit: Archant © 2004
Post office services in Holt are set to be delivered from a new location later this year.
The town's Budgens supermarket is being lined up as the base for the branch, which is currently situated on Cromer Road.
The likely move could be completed by October following a six week public consultation.
The store owners' CT Baker Group already manage the post office at Budgens in Aylsham.
Managing director Michael Baker said: 'Following a successful interview, it has been indicated to us that we are the preferred business to run the Post Office.
You may also want to watch:
'However, there are still a number of steps needed to be ratified in this process, the first of which is a 6-week consultation period with Holt residents.
I believe this is an exciting opportunity for the town and operating from C T Baker, Budgens of Holt will enable us to offer a post office facility for the town seven days a week.'
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
The current post office manager Andrew Worsdale has combined running the branch with a successful record shop for the previous six years.
He was forced to make his staff redundant four years ago, and runs the post office and vinyl business predominantly alone, with help from one part-time staff member.
Mr Worsdale said he was not able to comment on the proposed move and could not confirm if he would continue to run the record shop at the premises.
A Post Office spokesperson, said: 'We can confirm that we will soon be starting a six week public consultation for a proposal to re-locate Holt Post Office. Plans will be announced in the near future.'