Hainford welder Josh Peek to take part in Worldskills Finals
- Credit: Worldskills UK
An apprentice welder is representing his country by showing off his craft in an international competition.
Josh Peek, from Hainford, is taking part in the Wprldskills finals in Abu Dhabi as part of Team UK.
The four-day contest will see apprentices compete in a number of disciplines for gold, silver and bronze medals in a similar set up to the Olympics.
Mr Peek learnt his craft at Great Yarmouth College and now works for L&G Engineering.
Team UK is supported by Worldskills UK, which is funded by the Department for Education, and is made up of 34 current or former apprentices.
You may also want to watch:
At the last WorldSkills Finals in 2015, held in Sao Paulo, Team UK finished seventh, above favourites France and Germany.
Dr Neil Bentley, chief executive of WorldSkills UK, said: 'Team UK achieved its best ever result in 2015 – and that level of performance is what we are aspiring to.'
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 6 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 7 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 8 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 9 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner