Gressingham Duck producer acquires London market stalwart
- Credit: Pier Marketing/Gressingham Foods
An East Anglian poultry producer is hoping to beef up its operations after taking over a London-based food producer.
Gressingham Foods, the biggest supplier of duck to the UK retail sector, has acquired JF Edwards (Smithfield), one of the longest established businesses on the capital's Smithfield Market.
As part of the deal, the Woodbridge-based company has acquired the ongoing business of four shops on Smithfield Market and a butchers shop in Primrose Hill.
The deal has seen the creation of a new company within the Gressingham group, Gressingham Smithfield.
Co-owner William Buchanan said the two companies had a long association and that the acquisition was a 'very natural fit'.
You may also want to watch:
'We see this as an excellent opportunity to grow the Gressingham business and provides the opportunity to diversify into new markets,' he said.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit