Go-karting business reveals plans to expand
A go-karting business in Cromer is on track to success after it unveiled plans to expand this week.
But super silencer exhausts may have to be fitted to the vehicles first before it is given the green light.
Robert Marshall, the owner of the KartTrak which is based The Avenue in Cromer, is currently only allowed to run up to six go-karts on the track at any one time.
But now he has applied to North Norfolk District Council for planning permission to increase that to ten.
Mr Marshall, 52, who has run the business for the past 15 years, also wants to extend the KartTrak's opening hours from 6pm to 8pm three days a week.
has also applied for permission to open later until 8pm for three days a week.
Mr Marshall, 52, who has run the business for the past 15 years, revealed he has been working with the council over the last 12 months to measure the noise levels at the track.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 7 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 8 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 9 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
- 10 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
He has stopped a 'bring-your-own' kart racing event which used to take place on Saturdays as it created too much noise and he is updating his fleet of cadet cars which are used by the younger racers.
Mr Marshall, who lives in Cromer, said he would not be seeking to use the later opening times every week or to use ten karts all the time, but wanted to be able to do those two things if the need arises.
He added: 'It would mean the business could grow because if there is a group of ten wanting to use the track we can be done in half the time and potentially double our income.'