Gerald Giles birthday bash
Family-run electrical company Gerald Giles last night launched its 65th anniversary celebrations with a champagne reception for invited guests.
Hundreds of the firm's most loyal customers were sent an invitation to enjoy champagne and canapes at its showroom in Ber Street, Norwich.
There was an opportunity to look around the latest technology on display, including Sony's 4K LED television, offering picture quality four times better than HD, and Miele kitchen appliances.
Paul Giles, 48, whose father Gerald started the business in the city's Rose Lane in 1948, said: 'Some of our longest-serving customers can remember me in a pram.'
A big birthday weekend will run from today until the end of tomorrow with special discounts on offer. From 10am to 2pm tomorrow there will be Miele cookery demonstrations in store; there will also be a prize draw for a Sonos Play1 music system.
You may also want to watch:
For a story with pictures profiling the company's 65 years, see next Wednesday's EDP business supplement.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 8 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 9 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 10 Farke on his contract situation at City