Future50 member One Broker Group expands with acquisition of Gibbs Denley
- Credit: Archant
Future50 insurance specialist One Broker Group has added to its stable with the acquisition of another East Anglian firm.
Gibbs Denley Insurance Services (GDIS) joins the group in a move it said would give it a stronger negotiating position with insurers.
No immediate changes to the business are anticipated and Gibbs Denley will continue to work from its offices in Bury St Edmunds and Swavesey in Cambridgeshire.
Director Paul Gibbs said: 'We have entered into this as the next step in the evolution of our broking services. The insurance market is constantly developing and it is important to us that we remain ahead of these changes and put ourselves in the strongest position possible to serve both our customers and our staff going forward.'
One Broker Group comprises brokers KTIB in Norwich, NWBIB in Cambridge and PJW in Bishop's Stortford.
You may also want to watch:
Robin Plaster, chief executive of One Broker Group, said: 'We are absolutely delighted to welcome Gibbs Denley Insurance Services to the One Broker Group. This deal further reinforces our commitment to Cambridge and provides us with an excellent platform to expand our products and services across the region.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 3 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 6 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 7 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 8 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 9 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 10 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters