Future 50: Cheddar Creative's Cassie Bendall makes Institute of Directors shortlist for Director of the Year
- Credit: Cheddar Creative
The Future 50 programme is about building networks of good people. A shining example is Cheddar Creative’s founder Cassie Bendall who has made the shortlist for the IoD’s prestigious Director of the Year award.
“I was nominated in 2020, but last year’s awards were cancelled due to Covid,” she explains. “I had to submit a new entry for 2021, which ended up telling a very different story!”
While 2020’s pre-coronavirus submission had focused on the Ipswich agency’s first two years of growth, the revised one took into account the impact of the pandemic. “Like all businesses, we’ve had ups and downs," says co-director Rich Wood. “It seemed disingenuous to paint this fairy tale picture, where everything's going swimmingly. I think Cassie’s 2021 submission was much stronger because she talked candidly about how we've had to overcome adversity.”
Why, of the two of them, was Cassie nominated and not Rich? “I’m just the mouthpiece really. I do a lot of the pre-sales stuff, but once we move beyond that stage, Cassie takes over,” Rich says. “We live or die by the strength of our creative output and Cassie - as the creative director - is a more visible presence on that, hence the client nominations.”
It’s Cheddar’s growing reputation for creative solutions that has seen the agency move beyond web design and branding to helping clients with everything from successfully launching a bottled cocktail brand to staging exhibitions in Dubai. The team is currently working on a project to create the ultimate dog collar while also producing a children’s book.
“There's never a dull moment," says Cassie. “If we’re not busy with client work, we're dreaming up our own creative projects to get our teeth into. I know that, as a team, we can achieve anything.”
For further information, visit www.cheddarcreative.co.uk
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 3 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 6 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 7 Tribute to keen mountain biker who died on ride
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 9 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 10 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'