Franchisee acquires eighth Norfolk McDonald’s
McDonald's franchise owner Bradecca Restaurants is set for growth after acquiring an eighth Norfolk restaurant.
The company, which runs seven outlets in Norwich, Swaffham and Wroxham, has signed an agreement with McDonald's to take over the Thetford restaurant later this month.
The Thetford branch is the last in Norfolk owned by the corporation, with the rest run under franchise arrangements.
The addition is expected to increase turnover at Bradecca from a predicted �12m in 2010 to �14.5m next year.
It will also see more than 100 staff at the Thetford branch transferred to Bradecca, boosting total staff numbers to about 550.
You may also want to watch:
Along with McDonald's nationally, Bradecca has seen growth in successive years, its focus on value attracting record sales in 2009.
Turnover at Bradecca increased by about �1m last year, with a further 6pc rise so far in 2010.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
Owner Kenny Russell said he would be investing about �1m in the Thetford branch, which he said would be refurbished in the coming months.
The company has also invested �500,000 in refurbishing its Hay Hill branch in Norwich city centre and Wroxham early in the summer.
Mr Russell said: 'Sales in my group have gone up about 6pc, with customer numbers up 5pc this year. The value we offer is encouraging more people to come in and save their pennies.
'We are also in the process of buying the Thetford branch, which we will be taking over on November 21.
'The Thetford restaurant is a good one to own, in a market town and on the A11, and there is quite a buzz about the place. It is a great store for me to get.'
Mr Russell said McDonald's was also planning to open 15 new stores nationally in the coming year, and planned a further branch at the Barton Mills roundabout near Thetford, which he said he hoped he would be able to take on.
'I am still looking to expand and invest in the business,' he added.
'Through tough economic times it is important to keep that investment going, and customers are voting with their feet.'