Another Food Warehouse store is opening in Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
A discount food store is the latest to join a new £6.9m retail park.
The Food Warehouse will be joining Greggs, B&M and Home Bargains on the Breckland Retail Park, which is bringing 200 jobs to Thetford.
It has applied for planning permission to attach its branding and signage to Unit D on the development, on the former Tulip site off London Road.
A spokesman said: "The planning application relates to the proposed opening of one of our larger Food Warehouse stores.
"This is currently scheduled for early 2020, but the date is subject to confirmation. The new store will create approximately 25 new jobs."
Food Warehouse, launched in 2014 by frozen food giant Iceland, has 100 stores, including branches in King's Lynn and Great Yarmouth. It specialises in cash and carry style bulk discount offers.
Its move onto Breckland Retail Park leaves just one of the site's five units vacant.
- 1 Crumbling coast fear means Norfolk's 'golf ball' radar must be moved
- 2 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 3 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 4 Rare insect spotted in Norfolk for first time in nearly 100 years
- 5 City chip shop might be SINKING but refuses to close
- 6 Yobs pictured climbing on vandalised charity dinosaur
- 7 Norwich street named one of the most beautiful in the world
- 8 The days you can visit Wroxham Barns for a fiver this month
- 9 Seaside Victorian B&B for sale near 'best beach in the east'
- 10 Restaurant with 'interactive dining experience' to open in Norwich
Iceland, which opened its first store in Shropshire in 1970, now has 900. Earlier this year, it was named the UK's top supermarket for customer satisfaction.