Increased safety on offshore helidecks presents opportunity for Yarmouth firm
- Credit: TMS Media
Tighter safety restrictions for helicopter landing decks on offshore platforms has helped a Great Yarmouth company to land new contracts.
Under new Civil Aviation Authority regulations must have Circle H lighting and fire systems which meet the new standards or their use can be restricted.
Flameskill has taken advantage of the changes by supplying upgraded firefighting and lighting systems as a package for several UK operators.
Contracts to upgrade six platforms have already been secured, with more in the pipeline as all offshore helidecks are required to comply with the new rules.
The company has teamed up with lighting systems manufacturer Frictape in Finland to offer the package.
You may also want to watch:
Flameskill director Jim Green said: 'By combining both the lighting and firefighting activities we were able to offer operators a one-stop-shop for upgrading their helidecks.'
- 1 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 2 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 3 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 4 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 7 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
- 8 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 9 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 10 Pub hands out free ice creams during road collision traffic jam