Fishing supplier Angling Direct opens two new shops as company value soars to £35m
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
A fishing tackle store chain is continuing to grow as it gets set to launch two new shops weeks after floating on the stock exchange.
Angling Direct, based on the Rackheath Industrial Estate in Norwich, has launched a new store at Swindon with another poised to open in Slough.
The company was listed on the AIM in July and has grown its market capitalisation from £27.4m to £35.69m in that time.
Angling Direct said both sites were in popular fishing areas with strong communities and would be a good fit for the firm.
Angling Direct's chief executive officer Darren Bailey said: 'The vast array of lake and river fishing within the surrounding areas supports the company's rationale for opening new stores in these locations, with the aim of capturing a large proportion of their respective angling communities.
You may also want to watch:
'As we seek to cater for all anglers across the UK, we will continue to strategically expand our geographical footprint as well as enhance our online offering in terms of products, experience and education.'
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 4 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 5 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 Unlikely new use for city's Samson and Hercules building
- 9 'Pray for Paul today' - wife's plea as gallbladder op victim faces surgery
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146