First look inside Primark’s new Norwich home in St Stephens Street
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The first pictures have emerged from the inside of Primark's new Norwich home in St Stephens Street – ahead of it opening on Wednesday.
The budget fashion retailer has moved while an extension is built to its Haymarket store, which closes today.
The company announced in December that it would be moving into the former BHS building, which had stood empty since the collapse of the department store group in 2016.
The sight of maintenance workers in the building towards the end last year sparked interest from the public before Roche Chartered Surveyors revealed the new tenants.
Primark hopes to move out of its temporary home and into the newly-extended premises in time for summer 2019.
The company is owned by Associated British Foods which also owns the predominantly East Anglia-based British Sugar.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Norwich City kick-off times changed due to TV coverage