Customers queue outside the doors of new luxury beauty store
- Credit: Archant
Customers were queuing in the dark this morning as they waited for their first glimpse of Norwich's new luxury beauty and skincare shop.
Space NK has opened in London Street in the former Jigsaw site, and is selling premium brands from By Terry to Diptyque.
As well as selling everything from hairspray to candles, the team has also stocked up on Christmas exclusives for Norwich customers.
Jini Sanassy is head of PR for Space NK, and said: "When we look at where we're going to open new stores we look at where there's demand.
MORE: Inside Nourish, the new cafe serving up bullet proof coffee and edible flowers"We first started looking at Norwich in 2013 because Sam Chapman from Pixiwoo tweeted saying she'd love to have one here."
The store features a range of organic-based products moving towards more medically researched products such as Dr Dennis Gross and Odacite.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sanassy went on: "We're really seeing an increase in demand for organic-based products so we've expanded a lot in this area over the past couple of years."
The team are predicting that the product which will fly of shelves fastest are the Diptyque candles.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Ms Sanassy said: "Every store we open people just love the candles, I think especially around Christmas because they're such gorgeous gifts."
Gift bags of goodies are also up for grabs for those who spend more than £100 in the store.
Founded by Nicky Kinnaird in Covent Garden in 1993, the chain now has 60 outlets across the UK.
However, the store also offers skincare consultations and complimentary makeovers from its in-store team.