KFC new drive-thru opens bringing 80 jobs to the coast
- Credit: Archant
A fried chicken franchise is spreading its wings in Great Yarmouth with a new drive-thru restaurant.
KFC is offering delivery, takeaway and driv-thru at its new outlet in Mitchell Drive near Tesco Extra.
The restaurant area, which is closed in line with Government coronavirus guidelines, has a seating capacity for 75.
A KFC spokesperson said Colonel Christmas had come early to the the town.
A statement said: “We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to finally come to town with a brand, flapping new restaurant, buckets full of delicious fried chicken and up to 80 new jobs for the local area – we’re just so excited to meet the fans, we couldn’t wait ‘til Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re open for take away and drive-through in line with current Government guidance – but that’s just for now so watch this space.
“And because it’s 2020 – all responsibility measures are already in place, including extended hygiene procedures, Perspex screens, gloves, designated kitchen zones, and face masks where required to ensure our fans in Great Yarmouth can enjoy their new local KFC experience safely.”
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Permission for the restaurant on the outskirts of town was granted in August 2018.
At the time a legal agreement was entered into ensure branches in Gorleston and Great Yarmouth stay open.
The new site, off Mitchell Drive, is the first KFC in the borough with a drive-thru option.
Graham Plant, leader of Great Yarmouth Borough Council, said as it was given the green light: “I think it is a reasonable development which is bringing both jobs and competition, which can only be a good thing.”