Film crew from ITV’s This Morning show enjoy exploring the Norfolk Broads
It was lights, camera and action on The Norfolk Broads today as a crew from ITV's This Morning were out and about filming a feature for the daytime TV show.
Former EastEnders actress Cheryl Fergison, who played Heather Trott in the soap opera, and This Morning's celebrity reporter Alison Hammond are exploring what the area has to offer for two short films about camping on the Broads which are due to be shown on This Morning next month. The traditional British wet weather meant filming ran behind schedule today, but the duo still had a great time finding out what Norfolk had to offer.
They visited Wroxham Barns where they enjoyed hands-on experiences of pottery and fudge-making, before heading to the river at Wroxham and taking out one of the Broads Tours day boats.
Alison said they had a really fun-packed day, while Cheryl said she was 'having a ball' in the county and really liked Norfolk.
'Cheryl and I have had the best day ever. Everyone is so friendly. It has been great.
You may also want to watch:
'We have made some fudge, tried a bit of pottery, we have been on a bit of a drive in our little VW Camper Van,' Alison said, adding that they had also enjoyed their boat ride and feeding some lambs.
She said the wet weather had caused a bit of a problem, especially when they were putting their tents up, but despite that they were having a great time.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
'I have never been here (to Norfolk) before but Cheryl has,' Alison said. 'It is lovely. The people have been absolute stars.'
Tomorrow they are due to be in Great Yarmouth where they will be exploring Docwra's rock factory and riding the rollercoaster at The Pleasure Beach.
Lydia Smith, director of Norfolk Tourism, said the two features for This Morning were a welcome boost for the county's tourism, something the EDP is also keen to support with the paper's Holiday Here campaign.
She said: 'We are very pleased that ITV This Morning is in Norfolk filming the light-hearted 'Carry on Camping' features, set against the backdrop of the Broads and Great Yarmouth. We look forward to seeing the films next month, which will provide a boost to the county's tourism industry at the start of the school holidays.'
This Morning is on ITV1 weekdays from 10.30am until 12.30pm. It is likely the Carry on Camping features will be shown on the show on July 18/19.