Aussies urged to swap surfboards for paddleboards – and visit the Norfolk Broads
Australians are being invited to try out the slightly more tranquil Norfolk Broads rather than bask under a hot sun by the ocean in a special new tourist promotion.
Norfolk may not be able to guarantee boiling hot temperatures for an outdoor 'barbie' but instead it's offering holidaymakers on the other side of the world a slightly different experience on the county's own unique waterways.
Activities from kayaking to sailing on a wherry to an overnight stay on the marshes are all being promoted in a major tourist drive to the Austrlian market as well as Germany – both being identified as key target markets.
Other activities include the 'Rails, trails and Sails' full day walking tour from Norwich then on the train to Reedham and the 'Romantic Yacht Adventure' which is a three day sailing trip on a Broads yacht.
The trips are all part of the 'English National Park Experience Collection' which bring together bookable experiences and accommodation in some of the country's 'finest landscapes' including the Norfolk Broads.
You may also want to watch:
Broads Authority chief executive John Packman said: 'The National Parks Experience Collection has been a great example of collaboration. The English National Parks have worked together with businesses to develop experiences which have proved very popular with the potential audiences in Australia and Germany.
'In the Broads it has been great to support local businesses getting together for the first time to develop their ideas. Working with Norfolk County Council, the Authority is hoping to win funding to extend the project to the French and US markets and work with more local businesses.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
Each of the English National Parks such as the Broads have helped to curate the experiences but the overall promotion of the Collection is being carried out by Discover England.
To see the collection click here