Which shops are allowed to open during lockdown?
- Credit: Archant
Garden centres and bicycle shops are among businesses which are allowed to stay open during lockdown.
Measures under the new national lockdown across England include the closure of non-essential shops and businesses, such as pubs and restaurants.
But while Boris Johnson has ordered the country to stay at home in a bid to reverse the spread of coronavirus, people can go out for specific reasons such as going to school or to shop for essential items.
Here is a list of the essential shops which can stay open according to the government regulations.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
•Car repair and MoT services
•Vehicle hire businesses
•Money transfer businesses
•Launderettes and dry cleaners
•Medical and dental services
•Agricultural supplies shops
•Storage and distribution facilities
•Motorway service areas