Don’t forget about staff development, Norwich entrepreneur tells high-growth firms
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk and Suffolk business were given advice on scaling up from one of the region's biggest tech firms.
Companies on the Future50 scheme gathered at the Norwich headquarters of Epos Now for refreshments and networking at its tiki bar, constructed as part of a makeover for the Whiting Road office last year.
The firm, a former member of the scheme which makes till systems, employs more than 200 people in the UK and US.
But founder and chief executive Jacyn Heavens warned of the importance of investing in staff development as the business grows.
'The business's journey is not only about your own journey,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'When you are young the entrepreneurial spirit is strong but you cannot forget that your staff deserve to be successful and need a leader to inspire them every day, and it cannot always be you.'
The Future50 scheme is supported by Nwes, Birketts, Lovewell Blake, Barclays, UEA and Archant.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 8 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way