Entries open for 35th annual Norfolk County Farm and Business Competition
- Credit: IAN BURT
Entries are now open for a long-running competition celebrating the best of Norfolk farming.
The 35th Norfolk County Farm and Business Competition is open to any owner of arable or livestock land and the winners will be announced on June 18/19. The deadline for nominations is June 1.
Six judges from Essex, Herefordshire and Hampshire will visit all the nominees on June 16/17.
The competition, based on business aspects, has been organised by the Aylsham Agricultural Show Association.
Robert Mitchell, chairman of the organising committee, said: 'A lot of people take part because if a farm is doing well it is good for the morale of employees. Things are looking extremely well at the moment, we need a really good rain, but could get a very good harvest. I would hope for good entries this year.'
You may also want to watch:
Some 25 farms, large and small, entered the competition last year.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 5 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 9 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit